Writing is my love and passion. I’ve selected some of my favorite pieces to share below. Please contact me if you’d like to see more.
I discovered web writing while I was in college, when the web was still young and people were still learning how to effectively communicate through this new medium. A lot has changed since then, but the fundamentals are still the same: be succinct, useful, and usable; answer people’s burning questions; and help people make smart decisions. These principles guide all of my web writing projects.
- How to choose and use native plants (chesapeakebay.net)
- Richard C. Wheeler Bay Learning Center (savebuzzardsbay.org)
- Bay Grasses (chesapeakebay.net via archive.org)
- Clean Up New Bedford Harbor (savebuzzardsbay.org)
Blogs and Features
I enjoy digging into a good feature — something that allows me to bring a rich, textured story to people’s screens. These features and blog posts add depth to informational content, connect people with a place or an issue, and engage people in an important issue.
- Coalition works to wipe out invasive Phragmites from ponds in Dartmouth and Falmouth (All photos taken and edited by me)
- Exploring a Vernal Pool at Flora B. Peirce Nature Trail (savebuzzardsbay.org)
- Amid new development, road retains “sense of place” on Maryland’s Eastern Shore (chesapeakebay.net)
- Nonprofit group in Va. reaches out to Hispanic community with environmental message (chesapeakebay.net)
An effective news release is truly a workhorse — it provides the most relevant and informative content to the media so they can do their jobs quickly, effectively, and factually. I take pride in writing news releases that lead to accurate and prominent media coverage.